More than one user to monitor the same Mikrotik Router / Network?

Hi I like to understand this potential use case: I do install the APP and register to monitor a Mikrotik Router / Network. Then I want to give access to another person (i.e. my wife) so this person can also monitor the same network but using its own ID.

Is this possible? If so how can be done? Just download the APP on the second person’s mobile phone and register and putting again the credentials on the router as the first person already did? or that will break the automation as the scripts and VPN to your cloud is already defined?

Pls advise.

Thanks!

Hi Kirk,
The user account you log in with is attached to one or more networks. A network is a single router in a non-mesh use case. The logged in user doesn’t have anything to do with the actual VPN connection account, these are distinct.

So, your wife can just install the app, login with your account credentials, and monitor the network, there will be no conflict.
Tx!
John-

Thanks for the response but what if I don’t want to share my account? Let’s say if I offer this to a client and I want the client can monitor their network with it’s own user ID and I do want to have also my own account to monitor as well?

I understand that with a single account I can have multiple networks but what about if I want multiple users to have access to to the same network through your APP?

Thanks!

Hi Kirk,
Its exactly this use case that drove us to implement the multi-account switcher.

This feature allows you to create an account per client and the app can have all of those accounts registered for quickly switching between. Only you would be logged into all accounts and your users would only be logged into theirs.

John-

Thanks but I cannot have then more than 1 user per network then right? I mean if I understood correctly your previous comment.

Thanks!

Correct. This is a feature we have discussed but digging into it we found that it always created more complexity then it solved in terms of account management, shared ownership etc.

If this is something you feel is very important please post to our Feature Request and we can evaluate there. It is always helpful when you do that to add a use case or two as well as what it means for you if this feature was not implemented.

Tx!
John-

Thanks and I will consider it to be submitted as a new feature request.